Wow, I discovered this recipe on tastespotting and it is a real winner! Very VERY yummy! Definitely a keeper!
- 1.3 kg chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs)
- 2 big carrots
- 2 big onions
- ~400 g mushrooms (I only used 200g and it was perfect)
- 200 ml white wine
- 4 tbsp tomato paste (about 150 g)
- 4 cloves garlic
- half a bundle of fresh parsley leaves
- salt & pepper
- dried oregano
- Half the carrots lengthwise, then slice them. Finely chop onions. Dice the mushrooms. Finely chop garlic and parsley.
- Sprinkle meat with salt, and fry in a pan to get the meat golden from all sides.
- In a big pot, add onions and carrots, and saute until vegetables get soften, adding about 250 ml of water gradually. Put the meat and garlic in, pour with 500 ml of water, and cook covered over low heat for about 45 mins.
- Stir in tomato paste and parsley. Add other spices to taste. Let it simmer for a bit and then add the mushrooms and wine and simmer for about 20 mins, until meat fall of the bones. Serve with mashed potatoes!