This was good. Will definitely make again. Very easy! Serve with rice and asparagus. From here.
- handful of fresh thyme leaves
- A couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 heads of garlic peeled and and separated into cloves
- 2 medium onions
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- Rinse and dry your chicken. Rub the chicken with olive oil and season with sea salt and fresh pepper. Get a fry pan, drizzle with some more olive oil and let it get really hot (somewhere between medium and high). Fry chicken on both sides to get a nice golden colour all over the chicken.
- Put half an onion inside the cavity of the chicken as well as half a lemon and 6 garlic cloves whole.
- Cut up an onion on the thicker side as well as one lemon. Take a whole head of garlic and remove the skin but leave the garlic whole. Get a handful of fresh thyme.
- Put the sliced onion on the bottom of the crock pot. Add the chicken to the crock pot breast side up. Sprinkle the chicken with the thyme. Cover the chicken with more onion slices, lemon slices and garlic.
- Finally, pour 1/4 cup of honey all over the top of the chicken and 1/4 of chicken stock to the bottom of the crock pot. Cook on high for 1 hour then turn to low for 4-5 more hours. When there is one hour of cooking left add rosemary to the crock pot-just throw it in there.
- When chicken is done strain the juice into a pot and add a mixture of 2 tbsp of cornstarch with 1/4 of cold water. Bring the strained juices to a boil and add the cornstarch a bit at a time until your desired thickness. Pour this over the chicken before serving.