Oh man, awesome. Definitely making again. Served this with my Cajun French Fries and some salad (would have been good with corn on the cob too). Burgers from here. Sauce from here.
- 1 pound (~450 g) 85% lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- wholemeal bread
- slices of cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine the meat, grated onion, egg, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Form into 6 thin patties.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for about 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove from the pan and place on paper towels to drain. Set aside. Drain the grease from the skillet.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place butter side down in the skillet. Top each with a slice of cheese and a burger patty. Top with the remaining cheese, if desired, and a final slice of bread, butter side up.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from the heat and serve with special sauce (recipe below).
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- small squirt of mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
*Mix all sauce ingredients together. set aside.