This will definitely be my go to recipe for banana cake from now on. It's simple, moist, and very tasty. Awesome. From here.
Serves 1 x 20cm round cake or 1 x 30cm oblong fluted cake
The recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 24cm round cake tin.
- 125 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 125 grams sugar
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 2 eggs (about 60g each)
- 125 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- icing sugar, nutella, or whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy and the sugar has dissolved. Cut the bananas into a few pieces and add to the butter and sugar and beat until the banana is fully incorporated into the batter. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to the batter, beating until the batter is light and fluffy. Scoop the batter into the prepared cake tin and level the top.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for about 45 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. When cooked, remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. When cool, remove carefully from the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve. Or serve with whipped cream or nutella