This recipe is extremely yummy! I found it here and have made a few adjustments.
- 1 1/4 cups fruit (blueberries, strawberries, banana)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cups butter, divided
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats and it was great)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (I forgot this ingredient and it was still good)
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180 C).
- Melt butter; pour 1/4 cup into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle fruit and 2 tbsp of brown sugar on top of the butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the milk, honey, eggs, remaining butter and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the fruit and smooth the top. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes (20 min if you used quick oats), or until browned on top and fruit is bubbly. Allow to cool slightly. Serve with milk or cream. I topped it with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and it was fantastic!