YUM! Very very creamy, but chock full of healthy veggies! A great, filling vegetarian dish!
(recipe from Sunset Magazine)
- whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 170 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 cups lightly packed spinach
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and mushrooms, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for another 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and milk and heat until boiling, stirring often. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then pour over pasta. Sprinkle with chives and serve with parmesan on the side.