I've tried several different mug cake recipes and this one is the winner. So moist! The other ones use cocoa powder and this one uses chocolate chips, which I think makes the difference. Found here.
- 50g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter (43 g)
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Add flour, ground cinnamon and sugar to a small mixing bowl, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and mix well. Add the melted chocolate and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a large microwavable coffee mug. Microwave for 2 minutes on medium, 1 minute on high. It should be cooked (skewer test comes out with moist crumbs), but still a lil moist. Remember, it will continue to cook while standing.
- Allow to cool a little, give yourself a pat on the back, and indulge!