I had a hankering for some pancakes, so I got this recipe from my mom. They turned out to be the best pancakes ever!! So fluffy and yummy! I made the recipe slightly healthier by adding whole wheat flour. I think next time I might add some cinnamon to the batter!
- 1 1/4 cups of flour (use a 1/2 cup and an 1/8 cup each of regular flour and whole wheat flour)
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups organic whole milk
- 3 TB vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 bananas mashed up (extra ripe!)
- Stir together the flour, sugar, and baking powder with a fork
- Add egg, milk, and veg oil and stir tobgether. Add more milk as needed until consistency is like really watery oatmeal
- Stir in the mashed banana(s)
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and add butter
- Pour batter on the frying pan and when the bubbles pop, flip them over and cook until done
- Serve with organic maple syrup and enjoy!!