Saturday, June 20, 2009

Banana Pancakes


I had a hankering for some pancakes, so I got this recipe from my mom. They turned out to be the best pancakes ever!! So fluffy and yummy! I made the recipe slightly healthier by adding whole wheat flour. I think next time I might add some cinnamon to the batter!

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cups of flour (use a 1/2 cup and an 1/8 cup each of regular flour and whole wheat flour)
  • 2 TB sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups organic whole milk
  • 3 TB vegetable oil
  • 1 or 2 bananas mashed up (extra ripe!)
What you do:

  1. Stir together the flour, sugar, and baking powder with a fork
  2. Add egg, milk, and veg oil and stir tobgether. Add more milk as needed until consistency is like really watery oatmeal
  3. Stir in the mashed banana(s)
  4. Heat frying pan on medium heat and add butter
  5. Pour batter on the frying pan and when the bubbles pop, flip them over and cook until done
  6. Serve with organic maple syrup and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment