Another good one from Tastespotting! Very filling! I prefer my broccoli and potato soup, but Mark prefers this.
Servings: 6 servings
- 5 oz (140 g) fresh spinach, julienned
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup half and half
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cup cheese, your choice
What you do:
- In a large stock pot over medium heat melt butter and olive oil. Add onions and saute until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk in cornstarch- the mixture should turn into a paste.
- Add 3 cups chicken broth and spinach into pot and simmer until spinach is tender.
- Add half and half, cheese, and salt/pepper.
- Continue to let Bisque simmer, never bringing to boil. If soup is too thick, add the remaining cup of chicken broth. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with sprinkle of Parmesan. Bisque is better and slightly thicker the second day.