Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sticky Chicken Legs II


After cooking this dish several times, I have modified it slightly and now it's perfect!  The secret to ultimate stickiness is to actually have more ketchup than honey.  I figured this out after many trials and errors!

Ingredients:

  •  chicken legs
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 Tbs honey
  • several shakes of Worcestershire sauce (gluten free of course!)
  • salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
  1. Preheat oven to about 350 F (180 C).
  2. Mix all of the ingredients up in a bowl.
  3. Line the legs up in a roasting pan or glass dish (8 legs should be enough for 2 ppl) and brush the sauce all over them. If you don't have a brush, then dunk the legs in the sauce. I find that the sauce sticks best to the legs when they are dry. So, after washing the legs in water, dry them off with a paper towel.
  4. Bake in a hot oven until done! It usually takes about 30-40 minutes in my oven. You might want to cover it for the first 15 minutes with tin foil, and leave uncovered for the rest of the time. Leaving it uncovered increases it's stickiness, which is key to the yumminess.
  5. Serve with baked corn on the cob and either roasted potatoes or brown rice.
  6. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made this since right after I left Australia! We're totally going to have it again soon and I'll try this version...yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be trying this recipe over at SpiceOpolis this week. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete