- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (400 g) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8, 8 inch flour tortillas
- sour cream, guacamole, and salsa, for serving
Instructions1. Sauté the chicken with chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper in olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet until browned all over. Add capsicums and onion and sauté until chicken is cooked through and veggies are softened.
2. Add black beans and cream cheese. Cook until melted together. Remove from heat.
3. Place four tortillas on the countertop. Spread with chicken mixture. Top with cheese. Place remaining tortillas over top, to cover. Or, just use one tortilla and fold in half.
4. Cook on a grill over medium heat for a couple of minutes on each side until tortillas are crispy and cheese is melted. Alternatively you can cook these individually on the stove top over medium heat in the same fashion.
5. Cut each quesadilla into 6 pieces. Serve with sour cream and salsa.