Friday, December 24, 2010

Red wine sauce for steak

So, I used to be a vegetarian, then I was a vegan, then back to vegetarian for several years.  When I was pregnant with my first child I added organic chicken to my diet for the extra protein (I still only eat organic chicken.  No exceptions).  Now I am pregnant with child #2 and my iron is so low, despite taking multiple supplements, so my only hope at this point is eating red meat! Anyway, today I had steak and made the most beautiful red wine sauce for it.  It was to DIE for! The steak was only so-so, but when I figure out how to make it properly I will post a recipe.  Anyway, the sauce was so easy and it's Jamie Oliver: 

After removing your steak from the frying pan, all you do is add a couple of chopped shallots and fresh sprigs of thyme to the pan.  Cook for a few minutes and add about a glass of red wine and a couple of large pats of butter.  When the wine is reduced by half, add a couple of more pats of butter and the juices from your resting steak and remove from heat.  This sauce is seriously amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment