WOW! These are the best ever! Found here. Will definitely make again. Perfect lunch.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a medium bowl beat the Ricotta with the eggs. Beat in the flour, salt, and milk. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Coat with vegetable cooking spray when hot. Pour in 2 tablespoons of batter and swirl the pan to coat the entire surface in a thin layer. Allow to cook, without turning, until completely done. The top should be no longer shiny and when you touch it it’s not wet. The bottom will be have a very slight golden color. If it’s too dark, lower the heat.
Lightly coat the pan with cooking spray before each crepe. Proceed with above directions until batter is gone. Allow the crepes to cool to room temperature and then wrap the plate tightly with plastic wrap. These keep well in the fridge – unfilled – for several days.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced, or shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash grated fresh nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups diced or shredded, cooked chicken
- Melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots, and slowly cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for one minute.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, thyme, sugar, and nutmeg.
- Whisk in chicken broth and cream. Cook until bubbly and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas and chicken. Cook for one minute to heat through. Makes twelve 1-crepe servings.