This is one of my favourites! It's quick and easy, plus it's very good the next day for lunch! This recipe yields about 4 servings.
- Chicken breasts cut into strips (optional)
- ~ a heaping 1/2 cup of semi-dried tomatoes (like sun-dried tomatoes, but a bit softer)
- 3/4 of a jar of your favourite organic tomato sauce
- ~3/4 or 1 cup of heavy/thickened cream
- ~ 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- Organic whole-wheat penne pasta
Cook the chicken any way you like. I think grilled would be best, but if you don't have a grill, then saute the chicken in a pan with butter and olive oil. Set aside.
- Start the pasta water boiling.
- Chop up the semi-dried tomatoes (or put in food processor) and saute in pan (same pan chicken was in).
- Once the tomatoes are going, add sliced mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are soft
- Add tomato sauce and cream (the sauce should be pink in colour).
- By now the pasta water should be boiling. Add the pasta to the water.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer until pasta is ready
- Drain the pasta and mix the sauce and pasta together really well so that the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Serve into bowls and top with a lot of freshly grated parmesan (none of that dried crap!)
- Enjoy with some crusty bread!!