I made these as a little appetizer last night before dinner (we had roast chicken and mashed potatoes) because we happened to have all of the ingredients on hand. Mark loves these and so do I! This recipe is a modified version of a family recipe.
- 1 small chopped onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- bread (use gluten free bread for the gluten free version)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- finely shredded parmesan cheese (none of that dried crap!!)
- mushrooms with stems removed and cleaned
What you do:
- Sauté onion in a little butter and EVOO and remove from pan when golden.
- In a mixing bowl, add the bread chopped up in tiny pieces, egg, parsley, S&P, sage, and parmesan cheese. Add milk as needed according to moisture.
- Add sautéed onion.
- Scrunch up with fingers until well mixed.
- Stuff mushrooms and bake for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms look soft and ready to eat.