- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 pound (115 g) of cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
What you do:
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; set aside. Cream butter on medium speed until pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Beat the mixture on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and beat on low until fully incorporated. Do not overbeat.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture and beat until fully incorporated. Remove dough and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Combine some cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Pinch off pieces of chilled dough and roll into 1 inch balls. Drop the balls into the cinnamon sugar and coat thoroughly. Place balls 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies look dry and feel firm.